The Bridport Area Development Trust’s application for Charity status was approved by the Charity Commission in July 2010, and the Trust was registered as Charity number 1137231. The Trust’s charitable objectives include:
- the advancement of education, training or retraining, particularly among unemployed people, and providing unemployed people with work experience:
- the creation of training and employment opportunities by the provision of workspace, buildings, and/or land for use on favourable terms:
- the provision of housing for those who are in conditions of need and the improvement of housing in the public sector or in charitable ownership provided that such power shall not extend to relieving any local authorities or other bodies of a statutory duty to provide or improve housing:
- the maintenance, improvement or provision of public amenities:
- the preservation of buildings or sites of historic or architectural importance:
- the provision of recreational facilities for the public at large or those who by reason of their youth, age, infirmity or disablement, financial hardship or social and economic circumstances, have need of such facilities:
- the protection or conservation of the environment.